Constipation is sometimes difficult to talk about openly. Yet most people suffer from it regularly. Fortunately there are several effective remedies. But before fighting against constipation, we must make sure to do everything possible to prevent its occurrence.
Tips to avoid the onset of constipation
- Drink at least 1.5L of water per day: liquids have the effect of softening the stool and thus promoting their path to the rectum.
- Drink fruit juices.
- Eat foods rich in fiber to promote transit: fresh and dry fruits and vegetables (beans, lentils, etc.), whole grains (wheat, oats, etc.), prunes.
- Practice sport regularly: sport will make you work your abdominal belt and thus facilitate defection.
- Listen to your needs: go to the bathroom whenever you feel like it. Do not hold back and especially take your time in the bathroom even 15 minutes.
Tips to fight constipation
- Do not overuse laxatives: although they are effective in the short term, they can irritate your intestinal wall.
- Glycerin suppositories: they facilitate bowel movements by increasing the pressure in the rectal bulb.
- Re-educate the perineum: certain exercises make it possible to synchronize the rectal and abdominal thrust with the opening of the sphincters.
- Other disease: constipation can hide a more serious disease (cancer, anal fissure, diabetes ...). If in addition to constipation you are prone to fever, weight loss, vomiting ... do not hesitate to consult a doctor as soon as possible.