According to some surveys, almost half of French people wonder how to sleep better. It is true that in order to feel good, sleep is essential.
Why sleep well?
Adequate sleep has significant repercussions on the health of an individual. A good night's sleep helps fight against the appearance of cancer. In addition, there is evidence that people who sleep well are happier and tend to take things more lightly. But more than the positive effects of sleeping well, it is above all the negative effects of sleeping poorly that must be combated. From a health point of view, studies have shown that poor sleep promotes the development of diabetes. In everyday life, lack of sleep will be felt by increased stress, anxiety, irritability and by a decrease in concentration and physical fitness.
Sleep is therefore very important and here are some tips to help you get it back.
Tips for sleeping well
- The more tired you are, the better you will be able to fall asleep. So remember to exercise enough each day. Deep sleep will be favored by physical effort.
- Be sure to ventilate the room well and maintain a temperature of around 16-17 degrees in the room when sleeping.
- Avoid drinking alcohol before sleeping. Although it can make it easier to fall asleep, alcohol mainly reduces the quality of sleep.
- Avoid caffeine which will prevent you from falling asleep.
- Avoid nicotine which will tend to cause awakenings during the night.
- Remember to eat lightly in the evening and try to eat around 7 p.m.
- Check that your bedding is well suited to your physiognomy.
- Try to sleep in the darkest place possible.
- Relax before going to sleep (listen to soothing music, read or have a massage for example).
- Try to take a short 20-minute nap after eating. You can also rest your eyes by closing them for a few minutes several times a day.
If despite all these tips, your sleep does not improve, see a doctor.