Got eggs in the fridge but have had enough of fried eggs? Try making a poached egg, it will change your habits and it's quick to do.
To make a succulent poached egg, you can follow this method:
1. Boil water in a saucepan.
Then add salt and vinegar. Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat so that it simmers gently.
2. Crack an egg into a small cup or bowl.
Preferably take a large, very fresh egg. The result will only be better.
3. Swirl the water in the pot.
A sort of cyclone will thus be created in the water. This step will be used to wrap the white around the yolk.
4. Gently pour the egg into the center of the pan.
If you go too fast, the white will not surround itself around the yellow and it will be missed! Get as close as possible to the water so that entering the water is as delicate as possible. Be careful not to burn yourself!
5. Let the egg cook for 2 to 3 minutes maximum.
Do not cook for too long, otherwise the yolk will be hard.
6. Take the egg out of the pan with a skimmer.
The exit step is delicate because the poached egg could break, the ideal is to use a skimmer. If you don't have one, use a large spoon. Drain the egg well.
7. Serve your poached egg on a plate.
Here it is ready! You can enjoy your poached egg on a toast, it's delicious.
Enjoy your meal !