Do you want to type the symbol " Â " ("A circumflex accent in capital" or "A circumflex accent in lowercase" : â) and do not know how to do it in a text field, a word processing document ? Follow the technique below.
Indeed, there is no key that exists on the keyboard, it can be very practical to be able to do it, for example on a word title or slogan. Just type in the key shortcuts detailled below :
1. Make the symbol "A circumflex accent" (â or Â) on Windows
"uppercase A circumflex accent" : Alt + 0 1 9 4 = Â
"lowercase A circumflex accent" : Alt + 0 2 2 6 = â
The technique : You keep the Alt key pressed (key just to the left of the Space bar), then you successively type the numbers 0 1 9 4 (for "uppercase A with circumflex accent "Â") or 0 2 2 6 (for "lowercase A with circumflex accent" "â"), then you finally release the Alt key, which will bring up the symbol " A circumflex accent uppercase ": Â
2. Make the symbol "A circumflex accent" (â or Â) on Mac/MacBook
Make the symbol "uppercase A circumflex accent" :
- keep Shift ⇧ + A pressed down then select Â on the menu that just appeared
Make the symbol "lowercase A circumflex accent" :
- keep a key pressed down then select â on the menu that just appeared
The technique: Keep the Shift ⇧ key pressed, then without releasing Shift, keep the letter A pressed until a menu appears above the letter E, then click on the proposition Â and finally release everything, which will bring up the symbol "capital A circumflex accent" : Â.
For the lowercase "â", simply keep the letter A pressed down and select "â" in the menu that appears.
" I don't have a numeric keypad on my keyboard, what should I do? "
- If you do not have a numeric keypad on your keyboard, make sure you have activated the Num Lock (or " Num Lock ") function. If not, press the Fn + Num Lock key .
- If you don't have Num Lock on your keyboard, try pressing the Fn key first and then performing the combination with Alt described in the previous paragraph.
- If you still can't do it, don't hesitate to copy and paste the symbol from this article to the location of your choice.