You want to type the symbol " degree " ( ° ) which is used for example for Celcius degrees ( ° C ) or Fahrenheit degrees ( ° F ) and do not know how to achieve it in a text field, a processing document or text?
If you don't have the degree symbol on your keyboard, just perform the following keys combination on your keyboard :
1. Make the symbol "degree" on Windows : Alt + 2 4 8 = °
The technique : You keep the Alt key pressed, then you successively type the numbers 2 4 8 , then you finally release the Alt key, which will bring up the " degree " symbol: °
2. Make the symbol "degree" on Mac / MacBook :
Option ⌥ + Shift ⇧ + 8 = °
The technique : You keep the Option ⌥ and Shift ⇧ key pressed, then you type in the number 8 , then you finally release everything, which will bring up the " degree " symbol: °
If this keys combination doesn't work on your keyboard, you can also copy-paste the symbol from this page : °
" I don't have a numeric keypad on my keyboard, what should I do? "
- If you don't have a numeric keypad on your keyboard, make sure you have activated the function Num Lock . If not, press the Fn + button Num Lock.
- If you do not have the function Num Lock on your keyboard, try first pressing the key Fn and then performing the combination with Alt described in the previous paragraph.
- If you still can't do it, don't hesitate to copy and paste the symbol from this article to the location of your choice.
"I have a Mac / Macbook / Apple computer"
If you have a Mac / Apple keyboard, the technique is the same. The Option ⌥ key can also be called Alt ⌥ but it is always the key just to the left of the Space bar.