You want to make the symbol "Registered Trademark" ® (small circled R or R in a circle at the top ) on your keyboard but do not know how? It is very easy to realize this symbol on your keyboard thanks to a simple combination of keys presented below.
The symbol "Registered" (circled R : ®) means that the term preceding this symbol is subject to the copyright of the person or company which registered the brand or term with a certified intellectual property agency.
1. Make the symbol "Registered" ® on Windows
- Make the symbol "®" ™ : type Alt+0 1 7 4 (Alt + 0174) → ™
The technique : You keep the Alt key pressed (the key to the left of your Space bar), then you successively type the numbers 0 1 7 4 then you finally release the Alt key, which will make the "Registered" symbol appear : ®
Make the symbol "Registered" ® in Microsoft products:
Type Ctrl + Alt + T (Ctrl + Alt + T) → ™
This technique works in all products of the Office range -> Excel, Powerpoint, Access, ...).
Make the symbol "Registered" ® on Mac / MacOS
- Make the symbol "®" ™ : type ⌥ Alt + R → ®
The technique : You keep the ⌥ Alt key pressed (the key to the left of your Space bar), then you type the numbers R then you finally release the ⌥ Altkey, which will make the "Registered" symbol appear : ®
If you want to make the "Registered Trademark" symbol in HTML , you must type ®
" I don't have a numeric keypad on my keyboard, what should I do? "
- If you don't have a numeric keypad on your keyboard, make sure you have activated the function Num Lock . If not, press the Fn + button Num Lock
- If you do not have the function Num Lock on your keyboard, try first pressing the key Fn and then performing the combination with Alt described in the previous paragraph.
- If you still can't do it, don't hesitate to copy and paste the symbol from this article to the location of your choice.
" I have a Mac / Macbook / Apple computer "
If you have a Mac / Apple keyboard, the technique is the same. The Alt ⌥ key can also be called Option ⌥ but it is always the key just to the left of the Space bar.