Do you want to write tied œ as in following french words : mœurs ("mores"), cœur ("heart"), sœur ("sister"), œuf ("egg"), bœuf ("beef", "steer") ?
All you have to do is make a key combination as described below.
To make this symbol in a word processor or in Word:
- Keep the Alt key pressed (just to the left of the Space bar) then type the numbers 0 1 5 6 (0156)" and finally release the Alt key . The "œ" sign will then be displayed.
- Same method to type the attached oe in uppercase, type Alt + 0 1 4 0 (Alt + 0140) -> " Œ "
To do the attached oe on an Apple / Mac computer:
Hold down the Alt ⌥ key and then press the "o" key. Hold down Alt ⌥ + Shift ⇧ then "o" if you want the letter to be in uppercase.
To write the attached oe on an Android smartphone or on an Iphone:
Hold down the "o" key on your keyboard and select the "œ" symbol from the drop-down list.
" I don't have a numeric keypad on my keyboard, what should I do? "
- If you don't have a numeric keypad on your keyboard, make sure you have activated the function Num Lock . If not, press the Fn + button Num Lock
- If you do not have the function Num Lock on your keyboard, try first pressing the key Fn and then performing the combination with Alt described in the previous paragraph.
- If you still can't do it, don't hesitate to copy and paste the symbol from this article to the location of your choice.
" I have a Mac / Macbook / Apple computer "
If you have a Mac / Apple keyboard, the technique is the same. The Alt ⌥ key can also be called Option ⌥ but it is always the key just to the left of the Space bar.